Lawrence S. Pertillar
Optimistic - Poem by Lawrence S. Pertillar
I am optimistic and wanting this to stick.
With a fighting against denials that 'may' creep inside,
Wishing to assist the undoing of it.
And just in case...
I lose conciousness of this on a daily basis,
As hypocrites arrive to have my insights teased...
While I release my optimism to have it chased away,
In a breeze to be set free...
By a delusion I embrace to replace my focus fixed.
I allow quick visits with pessimists,
To validate the keeping of my optimistic mood...
Unrelenting as it persists in a doing I refuse to undo.
I have chosen optimism as a choice to choose.
Comments about Optimistic by Lawrence S. Pertillar
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- IfRudyard Kipling
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- TelevisionRoald Dahl