Lawrence S. Pertillar
Our Captain Is Overwhelmed - Poem by Lawrence S. Pertillar
Will you stop with that!
We are not on a rapid decline.
We are exploring alternate shifts,
Of course there will be some turbulence.
Of course you will see flames licking at the wings.
How better to proclaim our arrival?
Everything is under control!
Disregard any screams coming from the cockpit!
Our captain is overwhelmed,
And can not contain his joy!
Would you like your beverage with,
Or without an oxygen mask?
Comments about Our Captain Is Overwhelmed by Lawrence S. Pertillar
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- IfRudyard Kipling
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- TelevisionRoald Dahl