Elizabeth Padillo Olesen
Our Need For Light - Poem by Elizabeth Padillo Olesen
It is light that drives away darkness
It is light that opens our eyes to the new day
It is light that gives food to our body.
Think if we lived in total darkness
Think if we could not wake up to a new morning
Think if there was no light to make food?
Oh, Light of Power, shine over us
and dispel darkness of gloom and doom!
Oh, Light of Wisdom, guide our minds and hearts
to a new vision and wonderful insights!
Oh, Light of Life, supply us with the
food for renewal in the eternal cycle of our lives!
Comments about Our Need For Light by Elizabeth Padillo Olesen
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl