Overdose - Poem by Bryony Sheldon
Don't smoke no cigarettes,
Don't drink no booze,
But you gotta understand
That I'm just a man-
And a man can sometimes lose.
Well, I been workin' 14 hours-
Can barely afford to stay alive.
But then you came a-walkin' in,
A little thing dressed like sin,
Had me losin' my worked up mind.
There was nothing I could do…
I overdosed on you…
You had something I needed
(Who'd thought I could be saved?) .
Your love and affection
Started an addiction
That they'll have to write on my grave.
Love is a Class A drug
And I just need me a little bit more-
I just need my daily injection,
You're like a kinda infection
‘Cept I don't wanna find no cure.
You really pulled me through…
Now I've overdosed on you!
Comments about Overdose by Bryony Sheldon
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl