Lawrence S. Pertillar
Overheated In The Kitchen - Poem by Lawrence S. Pertillar
Vanilla scented candles,
Enhanced by frankincense...
May entice a date to dine,
In sublime penetrating comfort!
A taste of succulent roastbeef,
Cooked and deliciously prepared
May sabotage hidden expectations.
Leaving one to chew on after dinner mints alone!
Be specific when suggesting dessert.
This may save time and energy,
Exhausting oneself over heated in the kitchen...
When spreading warmth was intended elsewhere!
Comments about Overheated In The Kitchen by Lawrence S. Pertillar
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl