Lawrence S. Pertillar
People Are Attempting To Escape From Facts - Poem by Lawrence S. Pertillar
A comfort in passing judgement on others,
Has its way of returning this activity...
Right back to those detractors.
For a long time it was believed the Earth was flat.
And there were scores of people,
Who would despise others...
Opposing with a difference of opinion.
People were expected to keep their mouths closed.
As if to be kept sealed and 'labelled'.
Entrapped to pay for their lack of conformity.
Something about that has changed.
People are attempting to escape from facts...
To have others pay to enhance delusions,
That will never become realities.
Comments about People Are Attempting To Escape From Facts by Lawrence S. Pertillar
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl