Poetry Defined - Poem by Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
Poetry is a sort of painting
Or a spurt of one’s emotions.
Sometimes, it revolts or judges.
Sometimes, it praises or condemns.
Obscurity is its beauty;
Subtlety is its finery.
Imaginations focus light.
Similes and metaphors aid.
Rhythm makes it the poetry.
Metres measure intonation.
Rhymes are ornaments for the sound.
Alliterations enrich tones.
Let it have some message, the soul.
Comments about Poetry Defined by Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl