Poetry-My Window - Poem by >Starr Williams<
If you’ve ever tried to catch a cloud,
to ride a rainbow,
to save the sunshine in a jar.
Then you know how it feels
to strive to capture the deep thoughts
that flitter across your mind.
The shadows of thought are not
as I sit here, just me and these thoughts,
these deep thoughts
roam the hills and valleys of my mind,
always just out of reach.
But, from the shadows of deep thinking,
Springs a ray of sunshine,
I can only seem to catch with my pen.
But when I read over what I have written,
it is only a shadow of the shadow.
For behind my poems,
are real thoughts,
seen only in glimpses.
For poetry is my window to the world,
And to myself.
Comments about Poetry-My Window by >Starr Williams<
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- TelevisionRoald Dahl
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda