Lawrence S. Pertillar
Presented As A Defense - Poem by Lawrence S. Pertillar
Today excuse making,
Is presented as a defense.
And depending upon,
Who best uses denial...
Determines who will get,
More of the attention,
To be allowed to abuse...
The fading away of common sense.
And any attempts made,
To acknowledge the presence of truth...
With facts delivered and them produced,
An empathy is given to be done and quick...
To the one refusing honesty to admit.
With this to be accepted,
Regardless of the crime one commits.
Or the evidence of it to be questioned.
Comments about Presented As A Defense by Lawrence S. Pertillar
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl