Put Back, Put Back - Poem by David Taylor
“Put back, put back” Daniel said tearfully.
He did not want to put on his shoes
but finally with some distraction, OK bribe
of cheesy wotsits we made him forget.
Forget that he just wanted to rest in the peace of his home
and stimulating his desire for crisps
we led him by his nose into the world
and to his nursery.
Put back, put back I said to myself
as I closed the door.
Comments about Put Back, Put Back by David Taylor
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- TelevisionRoald Dahl
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda