Red Alert - Poem by Annmarie Fox
By Annmarie Fox©
The country’s been put on red alert
It’s all because America’s been hurt
The taking of lives is such a sin
But our country’s decided we’ve got to join in
We’ve got to help our American bro’s
We’ve got to fight and eradicate or foe’s
But where does it end when do we call time?
When do we get to the end of the line?
Where is our future what will it be?
Will they need conscripts will it be me?
I’m terrified of war where will it end?
How will I cope with the death of a friend?
Where did it start where will it end?
Call it off now I can’t take the pain
Another World War! Can we survive it again?
Comments about Red Alert by Annmarie Fox
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl