Lawrence S. Pertillar
Rock Bottom - Poem by Lawrence S. Pertillar
The hour of the liars,
Closes in upon them quick.
Those whose lips have flapped with lies...
Have found their alibis,
No longer keeps them in full disguise.
A smothering of coverups,
Has exposed them and their deceiving butts.
Leaving those who chose to follow,
Hitting hard rock bottom!
Without a shred of empathy...
To receive as a loan.
Or a scent of it shown,
From anyone who has it for them to borrow!
Even the thought of caring,
Has become a fear...
Have dared themselves to share!
Hoping the act of it...
Will not find them labelled,
As liberal activists!
Comments about Rock Bottom by Lawrence S. Pertillar
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl