Rtfm 13 Monkey See - Poem by Stewart McKenzie
On a trip to the zoo I came to a room
Where an orangutan was learning a language.
I watched for a while as this patient ape,
Plump from the food rewards of training,
Made sign conversation with his teacher.
“Any questions? ” she asked as the class reached a recess.
I asked what to me was the obvious question
“Has he told you anything new? ”
She looked to see if I was mocking or simple,
Found neither, laughed nervously, moved on.
The orangutan placidly watched this exchange
As he ate his recess banana.
Comments about Rtfm 13 Monkey See by Stewart McKenzie
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- TelevisionRoald Dahl
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda