Same Old New Century - Poem by Ima Ryma
Twenty first century, so far,
The U.S. has done nothing more
Than bring home dead and living scar,
As the result of constant war.
We the People have gotten numb
To the whims of powers that be,
Making decisions that are dumb,
Squandering brave in land less free.
'National Security' is
The catchall excuse, now quite lame,
For government to do bad biz.
We let it happen - that's the shame.
Young men and women sent to fight
Old fools' wars - this is just not right.
Comments about Same Old New Century by Ima Ryma
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl