Second Kittenhood - Poem by Richard George
'Who DID Prince Charles marry? '
Dolly asked me in Tesco.
It was 1996.
I trumped with my heart card
'He ought to have chosen the person he loved'.
'I love my cat.
Your cat knows what it likes'.
Charles married Camilla.
Puss's last breath
was a year and a day before 9/11.
And I wondered
if Dot's cat died
who she would recognise.
Comments about Second Kittenhood by Richard George
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl