Seppuku (A Dedication) - Poem by Joshua Fegley
Not born of royalty nor to any wealth.
Still serving on the day of your death.
Short sword, not a knife;
to honorably end your life.
Your Lord ordered,
it was his decision.
You cut your belly,
with mindless precision.
Where will you go?
I do not know.
As the blade enters,
forward you go.
You see your second,
on the left.
With the second cut;
you had nothing left.
As his blade comes around,
your severed head hits the ground.
No life story to tell;
are you relieved to leave this hell?
Comments about Seppuku (A Dedication) by Joshua Fegley
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl