Masha Danevasha Poems
- A La Guerre Comme A La Guerre Out of nowhere comes the ...
- One Track Mind Here I sit staring into my pet abyss A mind ...
- Fashion Declaration Some ladies prefer ballet flats or smart ...
- Codename - Lazy Luv Two bodies huddled together for ...
- Soulmate Things that send souls alight hold you down like a ...
- Cold Air Cold chill fills the air And seeps into your ...
- Codename - Jackass First poet in my bohemian ...
Lets just say a critic has cought a bug from her prey more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
A La Guerre Comme A La Guerre
Out of nowhere comes the dagger
Another stab into an old scar
From an opponent who decided to take no prisoners
Who thought that tough girl can take a punch
Shake off the pain
And swallow tears spiced with pride
Maybe you should have been more humble
And held back stories of battlefield prowess
Put down your visor, lured him in
And dealt the terminal blow
Instead of giving into wishful thinking
And baring your neck
Truth can be a tricky strategy in love and war
Candor makes for poor armor
The strike was coming but you didn't parry
You must ...