Lawrence S. Pertillar
Some Folks Find That Comforting - Poem by Lawrence S. Pertillar
Anyone who tries to correct,
What they have already done...
Should be applauded for making the attempt.
Somehow my experiences,
Have assisted in my acquiring this philosophy...
I'm not going to spend a minute trying to correct,
What I have done.
It has been done.
I will do the best I can,
To be more conscious of that which I am doing...
In the moment I am doing it,
As to not to wish to make changes,
To that which I've already done.
If in the doing of 'that' was a possibility.
In other words,
I am not living to make excuses for myself.
Some folks find that comforting.
Comments about Some Folks Find That Comforting by Lawrence S. Pertillar
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl