Lawrence S. Pertillar
Speaking Terms - Poem by Lawrence S. Pertillar
I apologize if my actions yesterday,
Seemed a bit petty.
I have been stressed lately.
And took that out on you.
I hope we will still be on speaking terms.
None at all.
You have proven...
To have more experience,
In that area than I do.
And when I witnessed that...
I learned to leave you alone.
I have forgiven AND forgotten.
And I did that within seconds.
We can be on speaking terms.
I can do the 'hi' and you can do the 'bye'.
And on our good days...
We can switch that around!
You want to practice it now? '
Comments about Speaking Terms by Lawrence S. Pertillar
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl