Take Me To Where The Music Comes From - Poem by Sophia White
Take me to where the music comes from
To its very basest root or central core,
Where the beginning of every song is living
The matriarch of every rolling score.
Take me to where the notes are springing
New and young and never heard before,
That I might discover what their essence is,
Take me there, or at least show me the door.
Take me to where the songs are rooted,
That place where they all become one,
To that one song or note or chord or something
From which all existing music has been spun.
Comments about Take Me To Where The Music Comes From by Sophia White
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl