Lawrence S. Pertillar
That Has Yet To Happen - Poem by Lawrence S. Pertillar
Do me a favor.
I'm here for you.'
Don't do me anymore favors.
That's the favor I am requesting.
Everytime you have been here for me,
Why is it I have to remind you...
Of a favor you promised to do,
That has yet to happen?
'So what are you saying?
The excuses I used,
Were not good enough for you?
And I went out of my way,
To choose the best ones I could?
You don't have to worry about me,
Ever doing you a favor again.
People like you are not worth my time.
And are so ungrateful.'
It's difficult for me,
To not think of myself all the time.
'I'm glad you can see how selfish you can be.'
It's not all about you,
I have a life to live too.'
Comments about That Has Yet To Happen by Lawrence S. Pertillar
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl