The Guy That Caught Her Eye - Poem by kirilee S..
A beauty stood on a balcony high,
Sneezed and lost her blue glass eye.
A young man walking down The path
Caught the flashing eye-ball one hand.
Invited up to receive her thanks
He drooled on her features that had stunning grace.
While dining on champagne and chicken
These strangers felt their heart beats quicken,
Gazed into each others eyes, imperfections, attractions.
Including the eye-ball that proved to be returnable.
Over croissants and coffee in the morning
The young man felt suspicion dawning,
Said, 'Would you do this for just any passer-by? '
'Oh no! ' she said, 'He'd have to catch my eye'.
Comments about The Guy That Caught Her Eye by kirilee S..
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- TelevisionRoald Dahl
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda