The Laws - Poem by AHO Speaks
I am filled with anquish and sorrow by what I heard and saw
That human destruction be approved by passing a law
We have the law to end a life before it begins
To terminate life will only add to the sins.
The circle complete upon termination at birth
By passage of laws to determine a human beings worth
Laws are subject to interpretation and often mis-used
Who will determine if the act is not being abused?
A human being should have dignity before they die
But ask not another nor the reason why
For the value of human life this is not a good sign
As the decision is God's first and then thine.
Go to your God with your anquish and sorrow
Ask you be lifted today and not tomorrow.
10-26-05 Aho Speaks
Comments about The Laws by AHO Speaks
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl