Ace Of Black Hearts
The Lure Of Being Lured - Poem by Ace Of Black Hearts
Why do they constantly try?
When each time fail.
A lure of no avail
Catch a piece of the sky
An endeavor forever to set sail.
The wind howls then makes one last wail.
Dark clouds cover another sunrise
Dumping the sand of time in a giant pail.
Down comes the hammer smashing one last nail.
Never to make a compromise
The darkness will never prevail
Even in the hardest hail
Just a man in a disguise
His voice so frail
His breath so stale.
To the rise
Even a slug can't forever fail
Just breath then exhale.
One last good bye
Just down some ale.
For here comes that cab you must hale
Comments about The Lure Of Being Lured by Ace Of Black Hearts
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl