The Man In The Moon Has The Mumps - Poem by Linda Coker
The oddest thing has happened,
And I hardly know what to say,
The man in the moon has come down with the mumps
And he cannot come out today.
I thought the moon looked different,
But I just couldn’t place the change.
Now that I’ve learned the incredible truth,
I confess it is mighty strange.
He must have breathed bad space dust,
Or inhaled some space debris.
With tons and tons of galactical trash,
The universe must not be germ-free.
Yet the moon’s not dark this evening.
It has a unique flair and whirl.
For during his recuperation, this week
That one in the moon is a girl.
Comments about The Man In The Moon Has The Mumps by Linda Coker
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl