Shelley L Baxter
The Man Over There... - Poem by Shelley L Baxter
The man over there
looks upset again today
I know I should help him...
but I don't know what to say.
I cant seem to look past him
as he grimaces and crys.
So I reach out to him not wanting
to stand and witness his demise.
Quick and deliberate I lift my arm
to place on his shoulder.
Swiftly I watch his limb dart out
mechanically like a soldier.
I'm somewhat calm now...
as I realize the man I see is me.
I must stop judging myself in the mirror
if I am ever going to truly see.
The answer came like a shot!
I knew how to help this sad man,
by reaching out to embrace him...
the puzzles solved and now I know, I can!
(September 28th 2007)
Comments about The Man Over There... by Shelley L Baxter
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- IfRudyard Kipling
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- TelevisionRoald Dahl