The Rain That Fell (Ghazal) - Poem by Shabeeh Haider
The rain that fell managed to hide,
The tears in eyes, each time I cried.
I had been born the day we met,
And with your goodbye I have died.
If love's a game of ups and downs,
I thank you darling for the ride.
My boat was stranded at the shore
There was no storm, no waves, no tide.
Now dig my grave and let me sleep,
This living corpse, it wants to hide.
The morning found me all alone,
The night had left you by my side.
You do not leave your home and go,
So says my heart where you reside.
No life is there if you are not,
For all my days with yours are tied.
Can Shabeeh drive your thoughts away?
He always fails though he has tried.
From Shabeeh Haider's book: SECRET WHISPERS
Comments about The Rain That Fell (Ghazal) by Shabeeh Haider
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- TelevisionRoald Dahl
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda