The Wives (!) - Poem by Jazzy Davies
Monday morning at the office, small talk over tea,
when Joan says to Peg, 'Oh! You'll never believe,
Stan went to B & Q yesterday, bought a shelf for me,
was going to put it up but saw a small crack.
Back to the store for filler, he said, 'won't be long dear'
Started filling, then sanding..need a break, be right back...
then the football comes on, and thats the last I'll see
of Mr Do-it-yourself. Now the walls not flat,
my shelfs not up, I need to re-paint,
and then he moans cos his dinners late! '
Comments about The Wives (!) by Jazzy Davies
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl