Lawrence S. Pertillar
There! Because That Is What People Naturally Do - Poem by Lawrence S. Pertillar
On what scale can one rate hatred.
To what temperature can heat rise...
From those despising themselves and others?
How long can tolerance be expected to prevail?
To calm those tensions with attempts,
That a peacefulness...
Will ease the minds of those who vent.
On what graph can an explanation,
Describe one's pain?
In what debates...
Can a surprising happiness,
Be concluded as shown on one's face.
Will those times ever return,
When it becomes apparent...
Lessons have been learned?
And respect that is given,
Isn't stubbornly expected to be earned.
But is there!
Because that is what people naturally do!
Comments about There! Because That Is What People Naturally Do by Lawrence S. Pertillar
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- IfRudyard Kipling
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- TelevisionRoald Dahl