Lawrence S. Pertillar
There Is A Purpose One Is Serving - Poem by Lawrence S. Pertillar
One unafraid to step forward,
Absorbs and soaks in...
This experience given.
To leave until the call to adventure,
Is heard and paid undivided attention.
A discovery increases.
The horizon welcomes the Sun that rises.
A connection attaches.
An adaption occurs.
As one's courage becomes emboldened.
There is a difference about this.
With a comfort one accepts.
There is a purpose one is serving.
And all within reach,
Becomes digested to respect.
And then to face West.
One realizes the importance of rest.
Recognizing the Sun,
As its effect leaves such colorfulness...
To slowly set as one receives a blessing.
With a thankfulness expressed.
Comments about There Is A Purpose One Is Serving by Lawrence S. Pertillar
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- TelevisionRoald Dahl