Lawrence S. Pertillar
They Would Rather Have Others Decide - Poem by Lawrence S. Pertillar
People who discredit others,
Or have values to demean with embellishment...
Aren't going to change their church affiliations overnight,
Just to have the opinions they have of themselves...
Raised to new heights.
That's just not something people who hide do.
They would rather have others decide,
How bright the glow of their light should be...
By undermining those they choose to deceive,
Staying right where they are with feelings insecure.
Declaring their judgemental ways as righteous.
And use the church as a testimonial,
To prove themselves victimized in prayers others overhear.
Comments about They Would Rather Have Others Decide by Lawrence S. Pertillar
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- IfRudyard Kipling
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- TelevisionRoald Dahl