This Body Is A Lyre (A Bhajan Of Kabir) - Poem by Sunil Uniyal
A lyre is this body, O friend.
When its strings are tightened and keys screwed,
the Self within it breaks into a sweet tune.
When the strings get snapped
and keys become loose,
the instrument is left to gather dust.
Friend, be not proud of this body,
one day its swan will fly away.
Says Kabir, listen O brother,
rare is he who bravely walks
the arduous path that leads to Him.
Comments about This Body Is A Lyre (A Bhajan Of Kabir) by Sunil Uniyal
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl