Lawrence S. Pertillar
This Degenerating Bust - Poem by Lawrence S. Pertillar
They are trying to compete
To see who can out disgust.
Our troubled youth we have abused,
With disloyality and distrust.
We have satisfied their every whim,
To hold them now at fault.
They are reflections of who we are...
Sad and pitiful guardians of lust!
Self righteous we've become these days,
With freedoms we've outsourced.
Divorced from discipline and morals...
In this melting potted rust!
And every protest against this trend...
Focuses back on us!
In God we claim there is a trust,
But that faith is meaningless...
And has turned to dust!
Hopefully our youth will restore,
This degenerating bust!
Comments about This Degenerating Bust by Lawrence S. Pertillar
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl