ToddMichael St. Pierre
This Just In - Poem by ToddMichael St. Pierre
Seems the TVs are spoiling the children,
Wide screens to baby-sit and console.
No worlds to explore,
Beyond the back door,
No life outside of remote control.
Now, the TVs are teaching the children,
Substitute guidance: Just sit and watch.
They plop and they slouch,
Entranced on a couch,
No time to read or to play hopscotch.
Yes, the TVs are raising the children,
Kids stare at the screens until dizzy.
At times they’ve become,
The nannies to some,
As the parents are just too BUSY!
Comments about This Just In by ToddMichael St. Pierre
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl