! ! ! To Dear Dust, Lovely And Wild - Poem by Raveendran N.V.
When an elephant is at the peak of inspiration
A simple ant bite sends him home ward
Then he becomes the real he
Challenges those who have enslaved him and his
The whole history of elephant taming
Stands trembling as he trumpets.
Nothing can put down nature for ever
Announces an elephant in rage
As he spins his mahout in the air
An acrobatic of no return.
He then punishes his comrade
Perhaps for his inaction
By hitting hard on his belly
And sending him rolling in the dust:
Comrade, you and me ought to be dusty
Dust loving and wild,
Now I rule myself
A real elephant of will,
Not the mahout driven fool.
Comments about ! ! ! To Dear Dust, Lovely And Wild by Raveendran N.V.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- TelevisionRoald Dahl
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda