To You - Poem by Lily Espinosa
Where to begin?
I grew tired of being cryptic,
Sending you discreet messages,
So here you are,
You know this one is about you.
And to my best friend, what can I say?
I'm truly sorry you had to find out this way.
Yes, I’ve taken a fancy to a friend,
I told him this, in a hasty fit of glee,
That concerned no-one but me.
And sorely wish I hadn't.
I waited for months, can't say how long
Kept it hidden, safe where it belonged,
Should never have let it out,
I knew I’d face another rejection,
Even so I told him,
I cut myself short, didn't give myself the chance to explain,
Now heartbreaker, you will never understand,
To what extent?
For how long?
Maybe you don't care.
But I do,
Comments about To You by Lily Espinosa
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl