Lawrence S. Pertillar
Too Shrewd To Be Aloof - Poem by Lawrence S. Pertillar
You chose a pace that chases ghosts.
A speed with irony I once did heed.
Believing your choice was to leave me most...
I became amused and ignored your lead.
But I do admit I am quite surprised,
My mind and eyes still discover you...
Too shrewd to be aloof.
And far too connving...
To again with you to uncover truth!
Comments about Too Shrewd To Be Aloof by Lawrence S. Pertillar
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl