Lawrence S. Pertillar
Trickery From Tattered Sleeves - Poem by Lawrence S. Pertillar
People have been insisting for years,
They've assisted with his efforts.
Or he consulted to gain their expertise.
As if he need them.
And he was on a leash.
When word of this leaked,
He was not pleased a bit.
Deceptions of his abilities,
Made him seethed with contemptment.
Needless to say,
Some arrangements have been made.
And quickly those who had taken his talents for granted,
Could not believe...
Those they thought skilled,
Could only produce repeated trickery from tattered sleeves.
'We were told he had been motivated by them? '
I suppose they told you they painted the Bay Bridge as well?
But they did say they were consulted on the color! '
Comments about Trickery From Tattered Sleeves by Lawrence S. Pertillar
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- IfRudyard Kipling
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- TelevisionRoald Dahl