True Eyes - Poem by Lil Davis
He use to stand so high on the pedestal you put him on.
He has come crashing down.
You let him rule you until you rebel.
The boss man has lost his grip.
Take his hand as you'll never have his heart.
Let the tears flow without a second though.
His words hurt more than he knows.
He is lost and in pain.
He burns his bridges as he goes.
Blame the world
never blame yourself.
How different things are now I see you through true eyes.
Haunted by what can't be controlled.
Lost and hurting.
Spinnning round on the cruel merry go round of life.
Wnting to get off this crazy ride.
I hope he finds what he is looking for.
Find your peace and live your life.
Find the pieces of yourself that were lost along the way.
See through true eyes.
Comments about True Eyes by Lil Davis
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl