Twisted Circle - Poem by Jazzy Davies
Who gave you the power over me?
when you look into my eyes, what do you see?
am I broken?
you wanted that didn't you?
nobody could see what you did to me
twisting and manipulating
making me question my very being
I owed you nothing more than life
yet I am to blame through choices you made
you didn't, couldn't, love unconditionally
Terrified to just be
not allowed to run, goaded
pain a daily meal, humiliation a daily ritual
but then, the balance shifts
time is my ally now
look at you, old, where's your pride now?
I am who I am because of you
in spite of you
and thanks to you
look into my eyes now, what do you see?
you showed me the worst, but I chose the best
I am free
Comments about Twisted Circle by Jazzy Davies
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl