Two Years Maternity Leave - Poem by Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
The more insecure one is
The more greedy and selfish
Or the more mean or possessive
One will be from one's childhood.
To feel secure, as a child
One must adequately be
Held, hugged and nestled
By its mother for two years.
Her palms on its head sooth it
And give a secure feeling,
Which determines its aptitude.
Grant a long maternity leave.
Comments about Two Years Maternity Leave by Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl