Under-Rated Pleasures - Poem by Maddi Eden
The golden sunlight, on your bed in the morning.
Yawning and stretching in the warm tawny sun
Like a contented purring cat.
A friend's smile, genuine and spontaneous
After an amusing comment you've made
It makes you feel top of the world.
Your favourite song, coming on the radio
And beginning to hum along
It can make your day
A thunderstorm - perhaps this is just me
The thunder, the lightning, the hammering rain
Just makes me feel so alive.
When someone you like a lot (more, maybe, than you care to admit)
Remembers your birthday, even drops a present round
The warm glow inside.
Each to be relished. Love life, while it lasts.
Comments about Under-Rated Pleasures by Maddi Eden
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- TelevisionRoald Dahl
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda