Maddi Eden Poems
- Superficial The label on your jeans The sheen of your ...
- Under-Rated Pleasures The golden sunlight, on your bed in the...
- Pneumonia When I see your face See your smile See your ...
- Footprints In The Snow The only knowledge worth having Is ...
- Ridiculous Isn't it funny How when you're in ...
- First Blood Hushed whispers Of my elders What are they ...
- All For Nothing The sweat on our backs The blood in our ...
♥ My name is Maddi Eden
♥ I'm twenty six and work in journalism.
♥ Poetry is a secret vice of mine. I never published a poem and I never will. It's for fun and more importantly personal realisation.
♥ Most of my poems are about love, because it is the most easily accessible emotive subject. There are hundreds of thoughts about love in everyone's mind (try reading 'That Hollyword Word') .
♥ I write two types of poem: a trashy song style which satisfies my low-brow urges (look at 'My Destiny' and 'Eternity'.) They're poor poetry.
♥ The type of poem I prefer to write is deeper.
♥ If you're just... more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
The label on your jeans
The sheen of your complexion
The length of your nails
The watch on your wrist
The necklace at your throat
The brand of powder on your cheeks
The colour of your eyes
The size of your house
The number of friends you have
Superficial; and don't you forget it.