Urban Oasis - Poem by Samantha Belsey
An island of green
Pavement and curb
Lap at its shores
Hemmed in by roof tops.
The gloss black beetle
Weaves through grass blades
The humble bumble
Hovers over my daisy laden bed.
I lie while the pregnant sun warms
Soft wind moves chestnut hair
Trees murmur, clouds swirl
Pink ink in sky water.
Bird song meets engine roar
Children picture pretty sit
Dream play uninterrupted
Lashes touch cheek like gliding wings.
Visit again, our urban island
Where time bends to
And we feel free.
Comments about Urban Oasis by Samantha Belsey
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl