Kyle Shield Laster
Vain - Poem by Kyle Shield Laster
Its not been but a month
And you've already slain your words;
Of how you'd be a better me-
Of how we'd soar past birds.
We only wanted just a bit
To keep them up at night:
Tossing, turning, crying,
Wanting us with all their might.
Look at me; don't turn away.
I'll not be made as dirt!
If not for you, for me.
Oh, please don't make this mirror hurt...
Forever with you I'll be;
As your shadow, mind, your heart-
But as my heart you failed
Now decomposing I will start
Comments about Vain by Kyle Shield Laster
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl