Vale Of Time - Poem by Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
How dear we were
Once, as brothers and sisters!
Once no more are our parents
and we ourselves are parents,
we are not as dear
in the sense that we were once.
Now we see each other
only on special occasions,
which, too, are over,
with children all married.
Next await only our funerals,
where, too, shall we miss
to see the very hosts.
Comments about Vale Of Time by Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- TelevisionRoald Dahl
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda