What Is Poetry? - Poem by Max Reif
Try looking at it this way:
Poetry's in Existence
Like water in the ocean!
Today's CHRONICLE's a poem.
So is a fire engine going by,
A good cup of coffee,
A burned-out streetlight,
The supermarket checker's greeting,
An aquarium full of fish,
An old person facing the wall, alone.
Ah, but is anyone really qualified
To transcribe all these poems?
Where is the scribe
Who has dissolved himself
Entirely into his ink?
Comments about What Is Poetry? by Max Reif
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl