When Dictators Meet - Poem by Randy McClave
I wonder when two dictators meet
If they'd brag about the women that they raped or beat,
Or maybe they'll both just walk off in silence
And laugh about their current, and past violence.
Maybe a brag in good faith they'll empty out their pockets
To show off the launch codes of their nuclear rockets,
Or maybe they'll talk about the subjects that they rule
And how easy and stupid are the people that they fool.
Maybe they'll put on a big celebration or a military show
To show off their power and also their true ego,
Or maybe they'll just wipe the blood off their feet;
That is, if two dictators were ever to meet.
Randy L. McClave
Comments about When Dictators Meet by Randy McClave
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- IfRudyard Kipling
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- TelevisionRoald Dahl