Lawrence S. Pertillar
While Daydreaming - Poem by Lawrence S. Pertillar
Ridding a stench away,
Others may lay...
Is likened to the eliminating the smell,
Of an accidental step in cow manure...
Or dog doo one discovers on the bottom,
Of their brand new shoes.
Depending on which side of the plantation,
One decides to take a casual walk...
While daydreaming to one day be free,
From those planting ideals...
About the power of the vote.
And the effectiveness of unity.
Comments about While Daydreaming by Lawrence S. Pertillar
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl