Who Can Write A Poem In The Middle Of The Night - Poem by Shalom Freedman
WHO CAN WRITE A POEM IN THE MIDDLE OF THE NIGHT
Who can write a poem in the middle of the night
When the darkness is still everywhere?
Who can find in the time of deep silence and doubt
Words of happiness and praise to God?
Who can in the lonely hours know
That the day will come with the joy of its light
And the difficulty of its duties?
Who can in this darkness here now
Pray to God
That love and goodness will come to us all
And Kindness be the one word the world most knows?
Comments about Who Can Write A Poem In The Middle Of The Night by Shalom Freedman
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl